These no bake chocolate peppermint protein balls embody the festive flavours in one single bite. Packed with healthy fats, fibre and chocolatey goodness they’re a healthier alternative to most Christmas snacks.
- 10 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ½ IsoWhey vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 tablespoons crushed candy canes
- 2-4 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Put everything except the candy cane, cacao nibs, chocolate chips and water into a bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add water if needed. You may not need any water if your almond butter is running. Start with a teaspoon and slowly add until you get a well-mixed batter. If you add too much, then the batter will be too soft to roll.
- Add the candy canes/cacao nibs and chocolate chips and mix again.
- Allow to chill in the fridge and roll into balls.
- You can then top with more crushed candy canes.